How to Meditate Tele-Class
with Melanie Ryan
A 3 week series
Meets twice a week for 3 weeks
Tuesdays & Fridays
Week 1- March 24th & 27th
Week 2- March 31st & April 3rd
Week 3- April 7th & April 10th
Online Registration or VENMO @Melanie-Ryan-33
Call or Text 914.260.1696
This three-week workshop style course will be based upon the book “HOW TO MEDITATE,” by Ani Pema Chodron.
It will consist of guided meditation instruction, practice, presentations, questions and discussion. This course will provide the key foundations to a genuine meditation practice, including:
• The basics of meditation, from getting settled and the six points of posture to working with your breath and cultivating an attitude of unconditional friendliness;
• How moments of difficulty can become doorways to awakening and love;
• The key points of "shamatha" (or calm abiding meditation) which is the art of stabilizing the mind to remain present with whatever arises;
• How thoughts and emotions released in meditation can be experienced as opportunities for opening further instead
of as obstacles;
• Receive email and support during and after the series is completed;
• Provide Pre-requisite for Part 2;
• Book sold separately and not needed until the second class.
Melanie Ryan is a psychotherapist authorized to teach Buddhist meditation in the Shambhala tradition of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and Pema Chödron. She is owner and founder of Ancient Wisdom Today, Inc. and The Center for Health and Healing.